Developed with the help of expert surgeons, the F.A.S.T.® plate range is used in the main indications in forefoot and midfoot surgery.
Characteristics and materials
F.A.S.T.® plates are available in 6 lateral or non-lateral versions:
- MTP plates: 30 and 35 mm
- Synthesis plates: 30 and 35 mm
- Universal plates: 2 to 4 holes – 18, 26 and 30 mm
- Basal plate: 35 mm – 3, 4 and 5 mm spacer
- Lapidus plate: 35 mm – 2 and 3 mm offset
- Revision plates: 45 mm
F.A.S.T.® plates can be fitted with two types of screw with 2 diameters:
- Locking screws: Ø 2.7 and 3.2, from 10 to 30 mm (2 mm increments)
- Non-locking screws: Ø 2.7 and 3.2, from 10 to 30 mm (2 mm increments)
F.A.S.T.® plates have the following characteristics:
- Minimally invasive implantation: 30 mm-long plates
- Trauma A-shaped: thin (1.5 mm), locking without screw head protrusion
Material: Titanium (TA6V ELI ISO 5832-3)/Sterile packaging
1 forefoot and midfoot plate kit
The FAST® plates range is intended for use in foot surgery. The indications are:
- Setting fractures (osteosynthesis),
- Osteotomies, particularly in the following cases:
- Hallux rigidus,
- Hallux valgus,
- Deformation caused by rheumatoid arthritis,
- Post-traumatic osteoarthritis,
- Neuro-muscular instability,
- Surgical revision following the failure of previous operations.
- Local or systemic acute or chronic infections (heart disease, uncompensated diabetes, regular hemodialysis, impairment of the immune system, etc.).
- Severe muscular, neurological or vascular deficiencies affecting the extremity concerned.
- Destruction or loss of bone quality, destruction or loss of bone quality or bad bone quality that could affect the stability of the implant.
- Any affection that could contraindicate the use of a rigid fixation in general.
- Addiction to drugs, alcohol, smoking or medication.
- A patient’s intellectual incapacity to understand the surgeon’s instructions.
- Systemic or metabolic issues.
- Obesity, excess weight, intense activity, intensive sports training, falls.