Developed with the help of expert surgeons, the F.A.S.T.® screw range is used in numerous indications in forefoot, midfoot and hindfoot surgery.
Characteristics and materials
F.A.S.T.® screws are available in 5 diameters and 3 versions:
- Ø 2.3: compression screw
- Ø 2.7: compression screw, beleved head screw and neutralisation screw
- Ø 3.2: compression screw, beleved head screw
- Ø 4.2: compression screw
- Ø 6.5: compression screw, beleved head screw and neutralisation screw
F.A.S.T.® screws have the following characteristics:
- Self-drilling so they can be inserted directly into the bone.
- Beleved heads to optimize screw retention in the primary cortical bone and limit the risk of discomfort for the patient.
- Larger guide pin diameters (Ø 1 / Ø 1.2 and Ø 2.2) to limit the risk of bending or breakage.
F.A.S.T.® screws are made from titanium (TA6V ELI ISO 5832-3 )/ Sterile packaging
2 kits are available for inserting F.A.S.T.® screws:
- Forefoot and midfoot surgery kit for inserting screws of the following diameters: Ø 2.3 / Ø 2.7 / Ø 3.2 / Ø 4.2
- Midfoot and hindfoot surgery kit for inserting screws of the following diameters: Ø 3.2 / Ø 4.2 / Ø 6.5
The FAST® range of screws is intended for use in foot surgery.
The indications are:
- Synthesis of bone fragments,
- acute, chronic, local or systemic infections (heart diseases, uncompensated diabetes, constant hemodialysis, weakened immune system).