The range of varisation staples is used to fix first phalanx osteotomies.
Characteristics and materials
Varisation staples have the following characteristics:
- Straight and with a 26° angle
- 8 to 10 mm spacing
Varisation staples are made from stainless steel (316 L ISO 5832-1)
- VEOFIX® varisation staples are indicated in cases of Akin osteotomy for the treatment of bunions (osteotomy of the proximal phalanx of the big toe).
- Local or systemic acute or chronic diseases (heart disease, uncompensated diabetes, regular hemodialysis, impairment of the immune system, etc.),
- Severe muscular, neurological or vascular deficit affecting the limb concerned,
- Any associated disorder that could compromise the function or the implantation of the prosthesis,
- Systemic or metabolic issues.