Snap-off screws (Weil) are designed for forefoot surgery.
Snap-off screws have a diameter of 2.0 mm and a length of 11 to 14 mm
Titanium (TA6V ELI ISO 5832-3)/Sterile packaging
1 snap-off screw insertion kit.
The kit may be included in F.A.S.T.® forefoot and midfoot screw ancillary equipment.
Snap-off screws are indicated in the following cases:
- Maintaining and setting osteotomies (head of the 1st metatarsal, metatarsal
osteotomies, phalangeal osteotomies, Weil’s osteotomy).
- Treating foot fractures.
Contraindications of snap-off screws are:
- Acute or chronic local or systemic infections, (heart diseases, uncompensated diabetes, constant hemodialysis, weakened immune system, etc.)
• Severe muscular, neurological or vascular deficiencies affecting the extremity concerned.
• Destruction, loss or bad bone quality that may affect the implant’s stability, severe osteoporosis, local bone tumours.
• Any affection that could contraindicate the use of a rigid fixation in general.
• Drug, alcohol, tobacco or medication abuse.
• A patient’s intellectual incapacity to understand the surgeon’s instructions.
• Systemic or metabolic issues.
• Obesity, excess weight, intense activity, intensive sports training, falls.