CHIBF E Bipolar Cup
The CHIBF E bipolar cup is an intermediate cup designed for intermediate hip prostheses. The bipolar cup retains the prosthetic head with a retaining ring integrated into the design of the polyethylene liner.
Characteristics and materials
- The CHIBF E bipolar cup is available in diameters of 39 mm to 57 mm for femoral heads with a diameter of 2 mm, and Ø 45 mm to Ø 59 mm for femoral heads with a diameter of 28 mm.
- The cup retains the head as it is impacted in the PE part.
- The cup plating is fully polished to allow free rotation in the acetabular cavity.
- Stainless steel plating and UHMWPE
Dedicated instrumentation for the cup.
The CHIBF E bipolar cup is indicated in the following case:
- The CHIBF E mobile bipolar acetabular head is intended for implant in patients suffering from injuries to the femoral head or neck, without destruction of the acetabular cavity.
Contraindications for the CHIBF E bipolar cup are as follows:
- Acute or chronic, local or systemic affections (heart diseases, weakened immune system, etc.),
- Patient with a known allergy to one of the prosthesis components,
- Pregnant women.